The main aim of the program is detailing and texturing of the 3D- object which has already been created in another 3D-packet.
Key features of 3D-Brush:
1) At input you provide an OBJ file of 1-100 thousand polygons, preferrably with UV-mapping in place, at output you get either an object of 1-10 million polygons or textures of normals, displacement, color, transparency and specular. Maximal texture size is 4096 per 4096. Fully seamless texturing provided!
2) Possibility to draw relief detailing, color, specular and transparency on model's surface.
3) All you previously did in 2D now can be done in 3D editing with layers, cloning surface areas, image transforming on surface, Copy/Paste, filling sealed areas, gradient filling, filling area inside contour, darkening, lightening, smoothening, sharping and so on.
4) Small geometry details get automatically added onto normal map, while large ones modify the geometry. As a result, the object of 40 to 80 thousand polygons displayed on screen looks as of 5 to 10 million polygons owing to detailed normal map.
5) Normal map gets instantly formed, so you can view the object in low-polygonal mode and straight away see how it is going to look in your game or scene. This is particularly important for developing games.
6) You can easily add details, applied along a spline, such as chains, bandages, fringe, zipper. Details can be imported as from 3D objects, so as from images.
7) Pens you draw with contain plenty of channels - depth, color, specular, eraser mask. This allows to considerably speed up the object detailing as you can both apply relief detailing and draw with color.
8) Although 3D-Brush is more oriented for small detailing, it allows for global object modification, sculpting too. You can easily bend a hand or a finger, enlarge the head, change object proportions or posture.
9) You can fix several points on the object's surface and pull one of them to see the object smoothly deforming.
Read The publisher description in: Russian